Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Being Charitable

If i could choose an organization to donate a million dollar it would be to RAINN. RAINN stands for Rape, Abuse and Incent National Network. Its a cherity that helps rapped victums continue with there life, giving them counseling, therapy, hospitably, shelter and daily three meals a day. If you donate you can keep track of where your money goes to and the best part is that for every 92 cents of every dollar goes directly to preventing sexual violence and helping victims. It is also tax deductible.

This organization is very important to me because they help people who aren't just physically sick but mentally and emotionally sick as well. They help you realize that there is hope to change your life around even though somebody ruined it. It's especially important to me because this program helped me continue my life because I as well got rapped by my father for three years from when i was 12 years old until I was 15 years old. As a result I rebelled against everybody that tried to help me, I distance myself from everyone and sought refuge in all types of drugs.

This was a very traumatic event for me to overcome, but they helped me conquer my emotions and mind to be able to continue my life as a normal teen girl my age should be. They helped me get counseling, which helped me let go of a lot of emotions that still controlled me inside such as hate, depression and disgust with myself. I learned that we can't control our past but we can control our future. Since I am not born here they helped me get checked up by a doctor and they helped me fix my U-Visa, to be here in the United States Legally. I currently am very thankful to this organization that truly helped me with all their heart.


Image result for rainn   Image result for rainn

No comments:

Post a Comment